Erin Green Author - blog
1. The idea for Verity’s bike comes from the turquoise bike regularly chained to the black railings in my local market square. It belongs to a local hairdresser.
2. Magnus is the patron saint of Shetland.
3. Harmony cottage is the actual rental cottage in which I stayed – I changed the cottage’s name but not the door code. The Shetland locals have recognised and identified it.
4. I wrote the opening chapter of this book first in the entire series – whilst on the train home from Edinburgh as I returned from Shetland.
5. Nessie’s physical appearance is styled on the singer Pink.
6. The Yarn Barn wool is styled on my childhood memories of my friend’s wool shop – her dear mum knitted beautiful cable. (I just cried writing that line x)
7. Francis is the middle name of my paternal grandfather.
8. The Yule Tide celebration is inspired by a local annual Dickens Night.
9. I have an obsession with stained-glass windows – hence the Lerwick Town Hall where you can view the rainbow cast upon the wooden floor.
10. The scarecrows are inspired by the annual scarecrow festival in a neighbouring village to where I live.